- This event has passed.
OWS Series Round 5: Mandurah (Teams Event)
8 December 2019 at 6:00 am - 10:30 am
Proudly presented by
and supported by
Remember to be SunSmart as you swim with us
- Slip-on sun-protective clothing that covers as much of your body as possible.
- Slop on SPF 30 or higher broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen, at least 20 minutes before sun exposure. Re-apply every two hours when outdoors or more often if perspiring or swimming. (Apply your race number before applying sunscreen)
- Slap on a broad-brimmed hat that shades your face, neck and ears.
- Seek shade.
- Slide on sunglasses.
Registrations close in
Round 5: Mandurah (Town Beach) & Teams Event
Sunday 8 December 2019
Thank you for registering for the OWS Series.
We’re excited that you will join us for an amazing morning of open water swimming.
Please read the following for everything you need to know before you swim.
In the week leading up to the Round, you will be emailed an e-ticket with your Race Number. Please check your details are correct and you are listed in the correct event (if you have any concerns please email: email@example.com).
Please bring a printout or have the e-ticket open on your phone at check-in to reduce waiting queues.
Swim with the family, swim with friends, swim with the squad, it doesn’t matter but come swim with us at Mandurah and swim together as a team of three in the 1.25km. The clock doesn’t stop until all three cross the line!
- All team members must meet the minimum age for the 1.25km distance of 11 years old at the day of the event.
- All 3 team members swim the 1.25km together with the last swimmer of the three across the line setting the team’s time.
- There are no changeovers and the event will run like the 1.25km individual event.
- An in-water start and finish will be under the arch on the beach.
- Once all three swimmers complete the course the time will be set for the team.
- We have 4 categories to medal in the team event:
- Female only under 18
- Female only 18 and over
- Mixed under 18
- Mixed 18 and over.
- If a team has a male over 18 then they are in category 4.
- If the team is all female and all under 18 then they are in category 1.
Splash & Dash
New to the OWS Series is our Splash & Dash participation event for new swimmers aged between 8 and 13 years of age on the day of the event.
The event will be held along the shore for about 100m and parents are welcome to wade along with their children.
Designed for our youngest and newest swimmers to get a small taste of open water swimming and to come swim with us and their parents.
*Please note that the below times are subject to change due to swimmer numbers and conditions.
- Splash & Dash: Briefing time – 07:25 am, Start Time – 07:30 am, Cap Colour – Splash & Dash Blue
- 500m: Briefing time – 07:25 am, Start Time – 07:30 am, Cap Colour – Purple
- 1.25km: Briefing time – 07:55 am, Start Time – 08:00 am, Cap Colour – Silver
- 1.25km Teams: Briefing time – 07:55 am, Start Time – 08:00 am, Cap Colour – Silver
- 5km: Briefing time – 07:55 am, Start Time – 08:06 am, Cap Colour – Red
- 2.5km: Briefing time: 07:55 am, Start Time: 08:09 am, Cap Colour: Green
The check-in area will be located on the beach and open from 6:30am to 7:30am. Please arrive early to avoid the “last-minute rush”.
You must bring your e-ticket with your race number with you to check-in and proceed directly to the tent marked with your swim distance!
Your entry pack includes a timing chip, race tattoo and race coloured cap depending on your chosen distance. it is compulsory to wear these at all times during the swim for identification purposes. Note: OWS silicon caps can replace the cap in your pack as long as the colour matches the distance you have entered.
NOTE THAT ENTRY PACK PICK UP & LATE REGISTRATIONS WILL CLOSE AT 7:30AM SHARP. IF YOU ARRIVE AFTER THIS TIME YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT.
THIS IS A WATER SAFETY MEASURE AND IS STRICTLY ADHERED TO.
Note: If you have purchased an OWS silicon cap from the merchandise store, you can collect this from the Vorgee Merchandise Tent on the beach and use this for your swim, provided it is the same colour as the distance you are swimming. Unused latex caps can be returned to check-in or the Vorgee Merchandise Tent for repacking and to do your part to help us to reduce waste this summer.
Late Registration or Changes
You can register online, or at the help desk (found at the front of the check-in area) on the day of the event right up until 30mins before the first event, when late registrations and distance changes close.
Note: You can change your registered distance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. It is recommended if you wish to change your distance to do so as early as possible to avoid queues.
You will be issued a new e-ticket and race number when you change your distance and will not be able to use the old one.
RETURNING OF TIMING CHIPS
All timing chips must be returned as soon as you have finished the swim. Failure to do so will incur a $20 fee for the replacement.
You will receive two individually numbered race tattoos. These need to be applied to the outside of each of your arms.
No need to wait in line, you can apply the tattoo yourself:
1. Separate tattoos
2. Remove plastic coating
3. Apply to arm with logo at the top of the arm as pictured below
4. Apply water for 1min (wet cloth is best) or until soaked through
5. Slowly remove paper
Note: Make sure to apply the race tattoo before your sunscreen.
Please allow plenty of time to park and check-in as cut off times are strict. Remember to follow all road signs and parking rules.
The Swim Course